FULL Episode 01 – Recovery: What does it mean?
Today Martha is going to talk about what recovery really means. The dictionary defines recovery as returning to a “normal” state, but there is so much more to it than that. Every person is so beautifully different, so how does one become normal? That same principle means that for every individual person, recovery means something different. There is no mold to fit when you are trying to pull yourself out of that dark place of addiction and create a better life for yourself. Do what is best for yourself!
In this episode, we talk about…
- What it means to be “normal”
- Embracing who you are to avoid the mold
- Importance of having hope that you can create a better life for yourself
- Involving others in your recovery process
- Looking challenges in the eye to put yourself farther away from relapse
- Negative effects of pushing your demons down inside
- Putting one foot in front of the other to continue growing
- Remembering how brave you are to ask for help
CTA – join my free Facebook group, Step Up in Recovery at https://www.facebook.com/groups/stepupinrecovery/. This is where you will receive support with a safe place to grow.
As women in recovery, this group will provide daily prompts to help you find joy and inspiration, form healthy habits, promote spiritual and personal growth, and approach fears and gratitude to get the most out of life, taking it one day at a time. Head on over to join. It’s free!