FULL Episode 02 – Struggles in Recovery
Today Martha talks about some of the struggles that occur when going through recovery as a former addict. Where you are in your recovery process helps to play a part in what you are struggling with at that current juncture. The shame of your addiction can subconsciously affect your day to day and cause many feelings of self-doubt. Remember, the things that you have done in addiction do not define the person that you are. You can be the master of your own destiny. Stay tuned for assurance that you are not alone in these struggles!
In this episode, we talk about…
- The fear of being alone in early sobriety
- Different outlets to go to when you begin sobriety to prevent boredom
- Not letting your addiction define who you are
- Releasing the shame to make it right
- Filling that hole left by addiction
- Finding love within yourself in order to find love with others
- Figuring out who you should keep in your life
- Taking some time to be still and heal
CTA – join my free Facebook group, Step Up in Recovery at https://www.facebook.com/groups/stepupinrecovery/. This is where you will receive support with a safe place to grow.
As women in recovery, this group will provide daily prompts to help you find joy and inspiration, form healthy habits, promote spiritual and personal growth, and approach fears and gratitude to get the most out of life, taking it one day at a time. Head on over to join. It’s free!