FULL Episode 03 – What Is My Story?
Today Martha is going to share her personal story in order to help people realize that addicts aren’t aliens or terrible people to shy away from. Addicts are brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters. There is more to their story than just the drugs and the booze. The real problems that cause people to turn to drugs and drink start long before the addiction begins. Stay tuned to hear Martha’s story and hopefully gain some perspective on just what addiction entails.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Martha’s story
- Looking back in order to find the roots of your inner demons
- Finding external ways to make yourself feel better instead of working on yourself
- Seeing the light in the midst of being lost in the dark
- Having that moment of clarity that saves you
- Letting go to have an open mind and leave the shame behind
- Self-loving on the road to recovery
- Difficulties of a codependent relationship
- What it really means to be in recovery
CTA – join my free Facebook group, Step Up in Recovery at https://www.facebook.com/groups/stepupinrecovery/. This is where you will receive support with a safe place to grow.
As women in recovery, this group will provide daily prompts to help you find joy and inspiration, form healthy habits, promote spiritual and personal growth, and approach fears and gratitude to get the most out of life, taking it one day at a time. Head on over to join. It’s free!