FULL Episode 04 – CAN I JUST HIDE FROM EVERYONE?
Today’s episode is all about the desire you may have to run away and isolate yourself from the people and problems that pop up in life. There are many motivations behind wanting to hide. Navigating these can be challenging, especially for people who are in recovery.
In this episode Martha speaks about:
- Using alcohol and drugs to hide from your problems
- The importance of being there for yourself, so you can be there for others
- The unhealthy cycle that is made when avoiding problems
- Dealing with the aftermath of hiding from your problems for too long
- Getting back to the healthy ways you can take care of yourself
- Living in fear of the future means you might not be taking care of yourself today
- Breaks frustrations down into smaller, more manageable situations
- Surrounding yourself with your tribe of people who love and support you
- Gaining back the friends you may have lost while hiding in your addictions
- Appreciating the support system that you have in your life
When you’re hiding and isolating from others, we are robbing ourselves from our own growth. What might you be missing out on when isolating yourself?
CTA – join my free Facebook group, Step Up in Recovery at https://www.facebook.com/groups/stepupinrecovery/. This is where you will receive support with a safe place to grow.
As women in recovery, this group will provide daily prompts to help you find joy and inspiration, form healthy habits, promote spiritual and personal growth, and approach fears and gratitude to get the most out of life, taking it one day at a time. Head on over to join. It’s free!